ORIGINAL RECIPE: I had a bag of cauliflower florets (1.5 lbs.) sitting in my fridge for a few days. Realizing I needed to do something with them, sooner than later, I decided to try my hand at baking cauliflower. I decided to write down the ingredients and the steps, as I did them, so I could post them on the blog. Perhaps I’m moving towards writing my own cookbook? This mix of ingredients is easy, fast and tastes delicious. I can see it as a compliment to any meal. So here it is!
Deedee’s Parmesan & Cheddar Roasted Cauliflower
Makes: 4 Servings – Total Time : 30 minutes – Prep Time: 10-15 minutes – Cook TIme:15 minutes
- 8 cups cauliflower, cut into florets and stems in pieces
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt (I use sea salt/kosher salt)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper to taste
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed/minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- OPTIONAL1-2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil, or spray with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, curry and parmesan cheese. Mix well, so the ingredients cover the cauliflower evenly.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the cauliflower
- Spread the cauliflower mixture, In a single layer, to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the cauliflower for 12-15
- OPTIONAL: Sprinkle fresh parsley over the cauliflower, before serving